Friday, February 6, 2015

Tokyo Kawaii Life orders 17 & 18 - Liz Lisa Lace up 3-way bags & Champouf pouch

*photo heavy post*



ストリング3WAYバッグ  - (Tokyo Kawaii Life order 17) (142-9441-0)
Corset side 3-way bag (in pink)
 I saw this bag on Minami and I was smitten!
Well actually, I was most interested in the (matching) shoes but they were weren't released at the time of the sale so I had to just go with the bag and hope I could get my hands on the shoes in pink. As it turns out, I was sleeping when the shoes were listed and missed out on getting a pair in any color :O. You snooze, you lose right? (Although...it releases during what is "regular" sleeping hours my time, and I like to be well-rested for work so it's not like I was being lazy -__-.) In any case, the bag is still super cute! And I managed to get the shoes through a different method anyway lol. I actually ended up consolidating the pink shoes with this order at Tenso, and they shipped together :). I went with SAL, and they were shipped on Jan 22. I had attempted delivery on Jan 29, and I picked it up on Jan 30.

ストリング3WAYバッグ  - (Tokyo Kawaii Life order 18)
Corset side 3-way bag (in blue and navy)
I saw that these were quickly selling out in a (different) sale (than the one for the pink bag) about a week later and decided to grab the two remaining colors :O. I figured since I had already managed to get a hold of the shoes...might as well? S thinks this is quite ridiculous, and now that I'm looking at everything, I kind of feel the same way lol. Just because I bought the shoes, doesn't mean I have to get the matching bag for all?? At the same time, I think it's so cute how they match so well, so I couldn't resist since I wasn't buying anything from the Tralala x Sailor Moon collaboration (going on the same day I purchased these). Since I was online at the right time, I really just bought them on impulse. Sure enough, they were sold out by the time I woke up in the morning though. I really would have preferred to wait to purchase the other colors until I received the pink bag to see if I would even like the design and style in person, but sales wait for no one, and I didn't want to have any regrets lol!  
[Truly though, I went a little overboard this December and January with Liz Lisa purchases.]
I decided (yet again) to go with SAL small package. Tenso shipped on Jan 27, and they were delivered to my house on Jan 31 :D

bags with the matching shoes :)

And now for some coordinates! The first 9 outfits featuring both bags and shoes are in the ribbon pumps posts, so please check that out if you're interested.

Outfit 10a: Liz Lisa lace detail button down & Liz Lisa floral suspender skirt with pink ribbon pumps (+ blue bag as shoulder bag, + pink bag as backpack)
Outfit 10b: with blue ribbon pumps (+ pink bag as backpack, shoulder bag and handbag, + blue bag as handbag and backpack)
This suspender skirt from spring 2014 definitely has both the pink and blue in the print and matches so nicely. I think I like the pink shoes with it best, but blue is a little unexpected but still works and I like that. It's girly but not SO girly, if that makes sense. I enjoyed mixing and matching a different color bag and shoe since both colors are so obviously on the skirt.

Outfit 11: Liz Lisa ribbon lace sailor top and lace design sukapan with navy pumps (+ navy bag as backpack, + pink bag as shoulder bag)
This is a repeat clothes coordinate from my new order a couple months ago, but now that I have a navy shoe and bag, I want to wear all of my navy clothes with them lol. Previously paired with a nude pump, I quite like the emphasis on the navy with the addition of the shoes. It's probably just because I'm a big fan of the color navy and navy/white color combo though lol. I also feel like pink can pair with navy for some reason so I added the bag. Maybe it's because I used to always resort to using a pink shoe with many of my previous navy coordinates before purchasing these shoes? Or because I just like pink...

Outfit 12a: Liz Lisa floral shirring OP with pink ribbon pumps (+ pink bag as handbag and backpack)
Outfit 12b: with blue ribbon pumps (+ pink bag as shoulder bag)
I know I recently included this dress in a different blog post as well but how could I not include it in this one with these colors on it? Haha. This is one of my most favorite Liz Lisa dresses ever and it already features two colors from the shoes! (Like so many others that I didn't even realize. Who knew I liked pink and ice blue so much??)

Outfit 13: Liz Lisa lace detail button down & Liz Lisa floral jumper skirt with pink ribbon pumps (+ pink bag as shoulder bag, handbag and backpack)

When I first purchased this jumper skirt, I was excited to have something in lavender, but it's really the pink details that I play with most in terms of what I style off of on the item. I think that allows the purple to really stand on it's own though. I guess I apparently love stacking pastel on pastel lol.

Outfit 14a: Liz Lisa mermaid OP with pink ribbon pumps (+ pink bag as shoulder bag and backpack, + blue bag as handbag and shoulder bag)
Outfit 14b: with blue ribbon pumps (+ pink bag as backpack, + blue bag as handbag)
If you didn't know, this is yet another Liz Lisa item that has both pink and baby blue in it. The blue is very subtle, but it's definitely there. When I ordered this dress online, I didn't see it in the stock photos (or maybe I was just distracted by the mermaids idk), but the light blue striping is actually a pretty prevalent part of the print on this white colorway (versus the pink striping in the pink colorway) in person.

Outfit 15a: Liz Lisa sleeveless tie front lace top & Liz Lisa web limited floral sukapan with blue ribbon pumps (+ blue bag as handbag and backpack, + off brand cardigan)
Outfit 15b: with pink ribbon pumps (+ blue bag as backpack, + pink bag as backpack)
Sorry this might be getting a little repetitive but guess which two colors are in the sukapan's print? Yes, that's right - pink and baby blue lol. I had no idea the blue shoes would match with so much not-primarily blue items. For real. Pleasant surprise though because I was really contemplating whether the blue shoes would be worth purchasing back in December, and I really needn't have worried so much, I think.

Outfit 16a: Liz Lisa lace detail OP and off brand cardigan with blue ribbon pumps (+ blue bag as handbag and backpack, + pink bag as shoulder bag, + navy bag as handbag)
Outfit 16b: with navy ribbon pumps (+ navy bag as backpack)
I really wasn't sure if the shoes would go with this dress since it's from summer (2013) but since I added the cardigan, I think there isn't too much seasonal controversy. I had initially only planned to shoot this with the blue shoes but I thought navy shoes would be interesting after seeing how the navy bag looked against the dress. It's all kind of in the blue color family after all. I think I like it with the blue shoes best, but the navy shoes might be right for a different occasion.

Outfit 17: Ank Rouge button down & Ank Rouge mermaid print skirt with pink ribbon pumps (with pink bag as backpack, shoulder bag and handbag)
The only non-Liz Lisa coordinate in the bunch lol. I think if I tried harder, I could have had a few more, but why try so hard if Liz Lisa coordinates basically create themselves, and the colors already go together so well?? Most of the pinks in my non-branded items just aren't the same tones at all and therefore clash pretty badly. The small pink details in this Ank Rouge skirt actually are a pretty good match though even though it doesn't have a lot of pink in this outfit overall.

This is the partner post to the one about the ribbon pumps (which were my main motivation to purchasing the bags anyway) so please check out that post as well for more coordinates featuring these bags and the shoes!
Phew, was that a lot of photos featuring the bags and ribbon pumps or what? Lol. Are you sick of them yet? Tbh, even though it took me forever to shoot these photos (I literally took over a thousand) and then filter through them and edit around 300 coordinate photos alone (not counting the pictures of the bags and shoes by themselves) and figure out the best way to put them in these blog posts, I'm still so in love with everything. I'm kind of a matchy-matchy person so I just adore how they all look together *star eyes*.

I also decided to do a short video featuring only a few coordinates (because using all would make it too long). I wanted to show how more than one color of shoe could be worn with one coordinate so I included a "transition" coordinate if that makes any sense. Basically the same clothes but with a different color shoe and bag. (You can also check out the ribbon pumps and 3-way bags introductory video in the shoes blog post!)
Here are some gifs from the coordinate video:

シャンプー巾着   - (Tokyo Kawaii Life order 17) (142-9902-0)
Champouf pouch in pink

OH YA AND I ALSO GOT THIS THING lol.
I didn't feel like ordering the pink bag by itself (at the time), so I added this Champouf pouch to that order as well because...Champouf! I have the pass case in pink so I was initially going to get this pouch in white, but I just love pink and the purse was pink so I decided to go with pink, lol.
It's bigger than the stock photos make it appear, but I had a pretty good idea of what it would be like because I had seen shop staff photos with it. The pouch area itself isn't very large compared to the mass of the entire item though lol. This seems like of like a random add on since this post is mostly about the bags and shoes, but Champouf is still cute too. I'm not sure if I'll actually use this as a pouch or just "display" it though. I just really like looking at it, haha.

As a small reminder (and I'm sure those of you who actually read my posts are tired of reading these blurbs, but I am constantly getting blamed for not warning people of this, so here I go again) - I am extremely uncomfortable with my personal photos being used for the profit of others especially without a simple source link. In general, I would prefer for my photos not to be reposted without my permission at all, but if you feel the extreme need to do so, I simply ask that you just include a simple link back to my original post. Regardless of whether I watermark every single photo, I do still own the copyright to these pictures and you finding them on Google Image does not mean I do not own them anymore?? (There has been some confusion on that front apparently. And to be clear, Google does even warn you when you click on a photo that the image may be subject to copyright, and Google does not sever the photos from their original pages, so it's easy to find their source if you choose.) I do not blog and post these photos so that others can sell their products that are not associated with me in the slightest. And the response I get when I just ask for my photos to be sourced really discourages me from sharing and continuing to blog. I mean this in the least aggressive way possible, but I'm not just going to throw 80 smiley emojis in this to "soften the tone" because I am serious, and I honestly feel like you should be able to read a paragraph like this without emoticons and not be offended by its message.

8 comments:

  1. So many outfit posts ^.^ I like it. Those shoes go with so many clothing items. Definitely a great buy~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I know. It didn't seem like so many at first because there were 3 pairs of shoes and 3 bags but because I was trying to do as many shoe/bag combos as possible, it took awhile :|

      Delete
  2. Oh woow I love the shoes and bags so much, they are just soo cute..Love the outfits too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really not too familiar with this subject but I do like to visit blogs for layout ideas. You really expanded upon a subject that I usually don’t care much about and made it very exciting. This is a unique blog that I will take note of. I already bookmarked it for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emi,

    I was wondering if you noticed if these bags stain easily? I have the light blue one and I was out in the rain and unfortunately, my bag is covered with rain "dots" :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never used any of these bags in "the real world" (outside my room) yet. But they are made of synthetic leather and should not be easily stained by just splashes of water. However, if the rain in your area is not simply H2O (but maybe a mixture of other things that get evaporated) or if it's hitting a secondary surface before reaching your bag (for example sliding down a dirty roof), I think that may potentially cause staining.
      Otherwise, as long as the bag is not completely submerged or drowned in water, it should be okay with light splashes, especially if the rain is wiped away. I have similar faux leather products and found this to be the case for myself generally.

      Delete
  5. Get yourself an Insulated Tote Bag if you're planning to go on a trip

    ReplyDelete