Monday, August 4, 2014

Tokyo Kawaii Life Order 6 - Liz Lisa Sailor puff short sleeve denim jacket & Clear pearl sandals

I definitely wasn't planning on doing any orders for *at least* the rest of July, but since Autumn stock is starting to roll out and some of the sales are just getting insane, I decided to just buy these two things before the listings were gone! There was an email coupon for an extra 40% off even sale prices, so I limited myself to browsing only the stock that was already at least 50% off. As a result, I was able to get an outer and a pair of shoes for about 75% off! Of course, that's cancelled out by the Tenso shipping which ended up being more than the cost of the items, but even then, it came out to about 50% off so not bad :)
  Clear pearl sandals in pink (141-9614-0)
クリアパールサンダル
I saw these shoes at the stores a lot, but I didn't even try them on. I really wasn't planning on buying them because I don't like the clear/plastic on the front strap, but when I saw what price I could get it for online now...I didn't feel like I could pass it up. Well, that, and I needed something else to go in my cart with the denim jacket (below) so I could meet the minimum to use the 40% off, and there wasn't much that I wanted that was already 50%+ off that I didn't already get lol. White was sold out so my only choices were pink and blue. I considered getting blue for awhile because I do already have 2 pairs of pink shoes from Liz Lisa (and 1 from Tralala) that are a similar shade, but when I thought about my wardrobe, I just didn't have very many things to wear with the blue shoes and a lot of things to wear with the pink lol. But just now I realized that the blue might have been nice with a lot of the white I bought recently, but oh well lol, pink works with those as well.
 
http://www.lizlisa.com/contents/snap/201407-17.php
Shop staff wearing the clear pearl sandals in white with check open back OP in blue

with Liz Lisa check open back OP in pink

with Ank Rouge top and mermaid print skirt set
   & Liz Lisa seashell wicker bag
I feel like the theming for this shoe is a little confusing lol. The front strap has the little metallic seashells and the back plastic has "Cotton Candy" stitched into it. There are also half pearls along the base of the sole (? idk what that area is called lol) which are a nice little touch. And tbh, even if one or two fell off, it wouldn't matter too much, haha. I haven't worn them too much besides the (approx.) hour while I was shooting these photos, but they seem stable...although with extended wear I'm sure my feet wouldn't be 100% happy. The front strap fits really well on my foot, and the ankle strap adds extra security as well. In the end, although I don't think I would have been unhappy with blue, I'm glad I got pink just based on what else is in my wardrobe.

  Sailor puff short sleeve denim jacket in indigo (141-7012-0)
セーラーパフGジャン
As with the clear pearl sandals, I saw this little short sleeve denim jacket in a lot of the stores, but didn't even want to try it on and didn't really consider buying it for some reason. I do like the sailor collar + lace detail that I probably wouldn't be able to find on any American denim, but something was making me turn away from it?? I'm so annoying (to myself) sometimes I swear. But it doesn't matter very much because I got a pretty good deal on it just now anyway. They restocked it in all the color options, and I knew I didn't want white (I have a lot of other white outers and too much white clothes), but I had a hard time deciding between the blue and indigo.

  https://twitter.com/LLGals/status/490118000947625984/photo/1http://blog.crooz.jp/lizlisapasse/ShowArticle/?no=1609&pvFlg=
I was partial to the the lighter (blue) denim because I thought it would go better with my wardrobe, but I saw the indigo featured much more on the shop staff (although this piece in general wasn't featured very much at all, especially in comparison to its longer sleeve counterpart), and my mother likes darker denim, so in the end, I decided to go with the indigo.

with Liz Lisa sweets pattern OP (as pictured on the mannequin and shop staff above)
[I'm also wearing the clear pearl sandals in all of these sailor denim jacket photos as well!]

with Liz Lisa floral shirring OP

with Liz Lisa lace faux 2-piece OP
lots of pictures with this OP lol wtf
This jacket is a little boxier in the shoulder area and wider in the body than I would like which makes it less flattering than what I would prefer and limits what I would wear it with (personally). I think this is what I was afraid of earlier. That being said, I still like it. The material is a little lighter (weight) than I anticipated, and that's great for me. I think for the price, it was a really good deal. I'm happy with the indigo color, especially how it stands out against white and my lighter color items. I don't know how much I'll end up using it, but I love the sailor collar and short sleeves.


I probably would've been happy with ending my Liz Lisa (spring/)summer 2014 purchasing after all the items I got during my Japan trip, but this outer and pair of shoes are a nice final addition before autumn 2014!

As a small reminder (and I'm sure those of you who actually read my posts are tired of reading these blurbs, but I am constantly getting blamed for not warning people of this, so here I go again) - I am extremely uncomfortable with my personal photos being used for the profit of others especially without a simple source link. In general, I would prefer for my photos not to be reposted without my permission at all, but if you feel the extreme need to do so, I simply ask that you just include a simple link back to my original post. Regardless of whether I watermark every single photo, I do still own the copyright to these pictures and you finding them on Google Image does not mean I do not own them anymore?? (There has been some confusion on that front apparently. And to be clear, Google does even warn you when you click on a photo that the image may be subject to copyright, and Google does not sever the photos from their original pages, so it's easy to find their source if you choose.) I do not blog and post these photos so that others can sell their products that are not associated with me in the slightest. And the response I get when I just ask for my photos to be sourced really discourages me from sharing and continuing to blog. I mean this in the least aggressive way possible, but I'm not just going to throw 80 smiley emojis in this to "soften the tone" because I am serious, and I honestly feel like you should be able to read a paragraph like this without emoticons and not be offended by its message.

7 comments:

  1. I really love the white dress and the indigo jacket - the combo is really really pretty.
    It also looks really nice with the sweets OP as well which I wasn't expecting at all.
    I think cotton candy and seashells go together - because they make me think of Cony Island!! XD LOL. I did an assignment based off of it so I always think about it now. :p (I spent so long looking for photos of reference I think it's etched in my brain,)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it with the white dress as well!
      I hadn't thought of Coney Island haha. I guess probably because that's not a huge attraction for me wtf. Interesting that you had an assignment about it!

      Delete
    2. I didn't really have an assignment on it. It was like... a chase scene and you had to pick one of the pre-assigned locations? And one was 'sea side fair or similar' and for reference I just used Cony Island. (It's one of the only sea side fairs I know of :/) But yeah, other themes were like Sewers (gross) abandoned theme park (quite common a lot of people did it) Grave yard (also gross and quite boring) Lol.

      Delete
    3. Lol yeah your pick does sound the most exciting! What a cool concept :)

      Delete
  2. Awwwww so pretty the jacket suit you so well love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfits! I was going to buy those shoes but I decided on buying a summer sale outfit instead. They look like they match well with everything. I really need to start investing in LL shoes ^^;;;

    <3 Sachiko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to seeing what you bought!
      I love all of my LL shoes...mostly because they match really well with all my other LL stuff but also because most of them are reasonably comfortable! I'm just so lucky I know I can fit size L (most of the time)

      Delete